The Board of the International Society of Ethnobiology (ISE) welcomes expressions of interest to host the 18th ISE Congress, to be held in 2024. Institutions or groups interested in hosting the Congress should submit a document (.doc, .docx or .pdf) by 30th June, 2022including the following details:
Contact and background information:
- Name of organization/institution.
- Mailing address of organization/institution.
- Website of organization/institution.
- Full name of primary contact person.
- Email address of primary contact person.
- Is the primary contact person or any member of the proposed organizing team an ISE Member? If other than the primary contact person, please list full name(s).
- Has the primary contact person or any member of the proposed organizing team ever attended an ISE Congress? If yes, which congress(es)? If other than the primary contact person, please list name(s).
- Describe briefly any previous experience your organization/institution has in hosting conferences.
- Describe briefly the available infrastructure (buildings, rooms, spaces).
Please send your expression of interest to [email protected] with the subject line “ISE 2024 Congress.”
We will receive expressions of interest until 30th June, 2022. However, if you or a representative from your organization will be attending the conference in Jamaica next week, you are kindly invited to already share your expression of interest at the ISE General Assembly that will be held on 2nd June, 2022.
The ISE Board will evaluate and rank the submitted expressions of interests, and will invite selected organizations/institutions to submit a full proposal. The Board may contact you for additional information and clarification. The Board will send the questions and guidelines for the elaboration of full proposals to the selected organizations/institutions by mid-July.
Please note that final decisions will be based on the information you provide in full proposal and recommendations of the ISE Board, while also striving to maintain geographic rotation of congresses across different regions.
On behalf of the ISE Board
Sarah-Lan Mathez-Stiefel, PhD