Step-by-step instructions for registering for the ISE Member Forum are listed below and screen shots are available in a pdf.
Coming soon: short pdf tutorials on how to navigate the forum, create and reply to posts, and change your individual user settings. If you have suggestions for other tutorials, please email the ISE Managing Director with :Forum Tutorials: in the subject line.
When you follow the register link in your invitation to join the ISE Member Forum, you will need to fill out a very short one-page form.
- A user name (this is how you will be identified on the Forum)
- A password (that YOU create)
- Password confirmation (re-type the password you just created, note that passwords are case sensitive)
- Your email address (Note that this must be the same email address that is used in the ISE email listserv. If you want to change this in the ISE system, please let the ISE Managing Director know. You will also be able to change your email in your user settings once you have joined.)
- Email address confirmation
- Image verification
Additional Information: note that these items are optional
- Referrer (You can leave this box blank, or put in “ISE Managing Director”; it doesn’t matter.)
- Time zone (select from the drop down menu)
- DST correction option (select from the drop down menu)
- Receive email (In addition to posts, you can email each other in the Forum if you select this option. The default is for everyone to receive emails.)
- Please read and then check the box next to the text “I have read, and agree to abide by the ISE Forum Rules”.
- Note that these rules are also posted in the Forum itself, and if you have any questions about them you can post a reply there, or email the ISE Managing Director with “ISE Member Forum Rules” in the subject.
Be sure to click on the box that says Complete Registration before leaving this page.
Once you click “Complete registration” you will see a vBulletin Message that says:
“Thank you for registering, [you user name]. An email has been dispatched to [your email address] with details on how to activate your account. Click here to return to where you were previously.”
You will receive an email in your inbox. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can post on these forums. Until you do that, you will be told that you do not have permission to post.
The email you receive will be from ISE Forums, and will have the subject: Action Required to Activate Membership for ISE Forums.
The email will contain a sentence that says:
- To complete your registration, please visit this URL: [with a link to follow]. If this link works, then that’s all you have to do.
- If it does not work, the cut and paste the second link provided into your browser window and use the user name (as you set it up) and the activation ID provided in this email.
Following these instructions will take you to a screen with a vBulletin Message that says:
“Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.”
After this, you are in the queue. Once you receive an email from Natasha Duarte with the subject Welcome to the ISE Member Forum! You will be able to login to the ISE Member Forum. This email will contain a link to login into the Forum, as well as additional information.